The Inspire In Utah initiative responds to the call and recommendation for changes as outlined by the Utah Women & Leadership Project’s report titled, “Women’s Equality in Utah: Why Utah Is Ranked as the Worst State, and What Can Be Done,” and the priorities identified in the Cox/Henderson One Utah Roadmap under Section 5: Equality and Opportunity.
● Inspire In Utah — part of Go Utah’s In Utah campaign — is an initiative that supports women entrepreneurs and women in the workplace at every level. It also supports women who want to relaunch careers through Return Utah and similar programs.
● Inspire In Utah is an effort by Go Utah and other partners to help connect women with business resources, funding, mentorship opportunities, learning and professional development opportunities, networking events, and other organizations who can help them succeed. These partners include the Utah Office of Multicultural Affairs, The Utah Women & Leadership Project at Utah State University, and the Women’s Business Center of Utah.
● There are organizations across the state who are doing so much work to help advance women in so many ways. The Inspire In Utah campaign is adding the voice of the Governor’s office to those groups and seeks to help connect women to all of these partner organizations.
● The website (inutah.org/inspire) includes resources to help women succeed in business. Resources for networking, training, funding, and employment are included on the site.
● The campaign seeks to help inspire 1,000 new women-owned businesses by creating targeted messages for women returning to the workforce, women of color, veterans, LGBTQ+ community members, immigrants, and refugees.
● In Utah seeks to empower business owners to access resources to invest in job-creating opportunities as the country emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic.
● The In Utah website features stories and podcasts about supporting women in business. You can hear stories from companies with programs and initiatives aimed to help women succeed in business. These stories are used to highlight the journey of various women in industries and organizations across the state. We hope that Utah’s business leaders can hear about the policies, organizational culture, and efforts that have helped women succeed. Hearing these stories can help inspire Utah business leaders to increase their commitment to support women.
● There are resources for women entrepreneurs, childcare solutions and ideas for employers, and information to help narrow the gender pay gap.
– Connect with organizations across the state, who are working to advance women in the workplace at InUtah.org
– Share your story and inspire other Utah women to succeed using the hashtag In Utah